Friday, November 22, 2013

Jackson is a Big Boy!

Over the summer, shortly after Jackson turned 3, we started potty training.  He and I went to Target to pick out a big boy potty, big boy underwear, and a new stool to use in the bathroom--all race car themed, of course!  Jackson was so excited!  He would sit on the potty, but nothing would happen.  And then, I think he just got scared of it, bless his heart!  So, we decided to take a break.
 
His big boy potty!

His M&M's for after he goes potty!

His potty chart!  When we started several months ago, he would get a sticker just for sitting on the potty--he loved that!

Then, yesterday, I picked him up from school and he and his teacher, Ms. Dana told me that he went pee-pee in the potty 3 times!  Jack was so proud of himself!  Although I hated that I missed his very first time going in the potty, I was so excited--I kept telling Ms. Dana to "shut up!"  She said that one of his little classmates even told him "good job!" afterwards!  I thanked her, gave her a big hug for helping so much, and then Jack and I called Daddy at work to tell him the big news!  On the way home, we stopped at Sonic so he could get a "way to go" milkshake!

He went pee-pee in the potty 2 more times yesterday evening, and I couldn't have been more proud of him!  And the huge smile he gets on his face as he's doing it is just priceless!  Before bed, he got a new Cars car as a big reward!  He was so happy! 

Because he did such a great job all day, he even got to take his new car night-night!

No comments: