Yesterday, I turned 29, (for the first time!).
Bryan asked me a few days ago if I wanted to choose a place to go for dinner, or if I wanted him to pick. I thought it would be fun to see what he would come up with, so I let him decide. When he got home from work yesterday, he had a handful of places in mind. We ended up choosing a pizza place that we'd wanted to try. It was perfect!
The pizza was some of the best pizza we've ever had!
In this picture, Jackson's watching ESPN on the TV at the bar while eating his pizza. I swear, he is so much like his Daddy!
When we were leaving, Papa Bear carried Jackson to the car and he looked at the moon the whole time and kept saying, "Goodniiiiight, moot!" It cracked us up! I don't know why he was saying "moot" though when he can clearly say "moon"!
On the way home, Bryan took us to Chick-fil-a for one of my favorite desserts--milkshakes! It was not only a treat for me, but for the kids too. As it was, we were already out past their bedtime, and then they got dessert in the car! Jack actually spilled some of his milkshake, so when we pulled into the garage, this is what we found!
I received so many wonderful presents, but one of my favorites was this amazing collage that my Dad made. It meant the world to me, and I will always cherish it. Thank you again, Dad!
For Sarah's birthday last year, one of the gifts she got from my brother was a canvas pad. Sarah spent weeks working on this surprise for me, drawing and coloring a little at a time. It's a church in Kentucky. Bryan and I went there on a date last year and feel in love with it, I thought it was so sweet that she remembered that and created the scene there. We don't have a lot of actual art in our home--we decorate more with family pictures--but I truly treasure this piece of art!
As much as I appreciated all of the sweet presents I received, my greatest gift is my amazing family.
I am so blessed by these three!
I cherish them above all else.
2 comments:
What a sweet post! I'm glad you had a good birthday!!
happy belated birthday! your dad and sarah's gifts were precious!! :)
Post a Comment