Today, was a wonderful day with my babies!
Bryan had to work, so I decided to take the kids to Chick-fil-A for breakfast. It was a rare treat, and I loved being able to just soak them in! Isn't Sarah so sweet helping Jack with his milk?!
Yesterday, during nap time, I made a batch of cinnamon playdough using this recipe. It called for simple ingredients that I already had at the house. (Actually, my cream of tartar expired in February, but it didn't seem to affect the recipe!) Sarah wasn't feeling well when we got home from school, so Jack and I played with it.
He actually took a bite of it, and although it was completely edible, it was yucky, so he didn't really want to play after that! I think the poor guy was confused, because the last time I made playdough, it consisted of peanut butter, honey, and powdered sugar, so when he munched on that recipe, it was yummy!
Today, Sarah joined in on the playdough fun!
She is the best helper to him!
Check out all of our masterpieces! We had a lot of fun playing with this, and I know we'll play with it alot more!
While Jackson was napping, Sarah and I built the stable for our Nativity scene. I saw this idea via Pinterest from this site. We used green frosting (that I had on hand for another project) to adhere the graham crackers together. It's not the prettiest with the green, but I don't think Jesus minds. When we made the manger for Jesus, Sarah suggested that those could also be park benches for the Nativity scene. What?! I then asked her if she thought they had park benches when Jesus was born. She thought about it for half a second and started cracking up! I then asked her why our Savior was born in a stable. Sarah replied that all of the hotels were full. Goodness me! I told her to go read her Bible!!
Here, the kids are sprinkling coconut flakes for snow. I didn't take any other pictures of the building process, because we were all hard at work!
They are too cute!
Jackson is eating one of the wise men here. Poor guy--never saw it coming!
Our finished masterpiece...without one of the wise men.
Sweet baby Jesus.
Jackson kept saying He was sleeping.
Here's J eating one of the innocent sheep!
We had such a wonderful time making this! I can't wait to make this one of our yearly traditions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment