Yesterday at church, our congregation was given an update about our partnership with Buyamba Uganda and the Our God Cares School that we're helping to build. At the end of the update, we were invited to sponsor a child's education in Uganda. Bryan and I squeezed each other's hand a little tighter and knew that we were thinking the same thing. After a great sermon, we had the pleasure of meeting Pastor Dongo--the founder of the school. While Bryan was thanking this godly man for his amazing work, I walked over to the table and grabbed the first picture and information card I saw. As I looked down at his sweet face, I fell in love. His name is Swaibu, and he is 13 years old. We signed up to sponsor his education year after year, and we are so excited for him to be able to go to school and learn and grow in Christ! After picking up our kids from their church classes, we told them all about Swaibu. They were so excited--even Jackson who obviously can't understand everything. We prayed for him as a family, and the kids took turns staring at his picture and talking about him.
Due to Bryan's schooling to become a doctor, we have worried about our finances more often than not in our 11 years of marriage. But God is so good, and He has always provided. Always. We are firm believers in giving the blessings that God has bestowed upon us right back to Him. It's because of Him and for Him that we are sponsoring this precious child. We know that we're not going to change the world by providing the financial means for Swaibu to go to school and learn about Jesus, but our prayer is that we'll change his world.
Today, I framed Swaibu's sweet picture so we can always see his face and pray for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment