I had the best Mother's Day yesterday!
While Bryan was showering, and I was doing my hair, I heard a faint knock on our bedroom door. It was Sarah asking if I wanted coffee, tea, or juice to drink with breakfast. I came out of our room and sweet Sarah made me breakfast--Cheerios with bananas (my fave!), raisin bread, and coffee with lots of creamer! Then, she said she wanted to take my picture--she knows me so well! Shortly after Sarah made me breakfast, Bryan brought J downstairs and then whispered to him to tell me "happy Mother's Day". Jackson ran over to me and yelled it, then I scooped him up in a huge hug! It was all so sweet!
Once we were all dressed and ready for church, Bryan took some pictures of me with our precious kids!
I could just eat them up!
At least two out of three of us are looking and smiling!
Jackson made me this adorable birdhouse and chocolate necklace at his preschool!
I put the birdhouse next to a painting that Sarah made me for Mother's Day when she was in preschool!
Sarah made me this beautiful painting!
The kids also gave me some wonderful cards. Bryan gave me one too, and it was so sweet I thought I was going to cry!
Part of Sarah's card included this precious letter...
...and this funny questionnaire!
At church, Jackson made me these adorable creations! The popsicle stick says, "God hand picked you for me." Love! My absolute favorite presents are handmade ones from the kids, so I was so smitten to receive so many wonderful gifts from them! Bryan bought me a new dresser and mirror for the foyer, and I can't wait to finish putting it all together! He's the best!
After church, I all I wanted to do was spend time with each kiddo doing one of our favorite activities! Sarah and I had a tea party--obviously!
I love having girl time with her!
After Jackson's naptime, he and I did one of our favorite things--building a train track!
Playing with trains is an activity that J and I do almost every day, so I adore that Bryan took these pictures of us!
Love!
After playing, the boys went outside to grill some burgers!
Bryan was so sweet to cook for me. I love anything that he grills!
To go with his delicious burgers, Bryan also made Oreo milkshakes (my favorite!) and I made some macaroni and cheese! I love having dinner at home instead of going out, so this yummy meal with my three favorite people was the best! After Sarah said our normal grace, she thanked God for giving her "the best Mommy in the world." She is the sweetest!
After dinner, we read the questionnaires that the kids filled out! We always make these for Daddy for Father's Day, so I loved getting my own this year! Sarah's is precious!
Daddy filled out what Jackson said, and it cracked us up!!
Each day, I thank God for blessing me with these two, and yesterday was no exception. I'm not a perfect mom...I'm impatient, I've served them cake for breakfast on more than one occasion, I sometimes yell, but I love them with all of my being, I teach them about Jesus, I give great big hugs, I have tea parties, I build train tracks, I'll drop everything to read 21 books in a row, and I tell them I love them countless times each day. I always wanted to be a wife and a mommy when I grew up, and God has blessed with those wonderfully awesome roles! I am so grateful that God chose these two for me and Bryan!
1 comment:
what a fun mother's day! you look so pretty in your dress!! beautiful family!!
Post a Comment