Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun with Daddy

Last Wednesday, Jackson and I had the pleasure of hanging out with Daddy while he was on vacation!
 
After breakfast, we went to Lowe's--our favorite store!--to pick up a few things.  J loved having Daddy push him in the car shopping cart!

 Love that face!

 Before naptime, we played in the backyard.

 Jackson loves to swing!


 Then, the boys played a little soccer.

Next, we picked up some acorns from our big oak tree.

Jackson loved this activity! 
The boys helped me gather acorns because I was going to put them in a big hurricane vase with a candle for our dining room table.  So, I rinsed all of the acorns off and put them on a towel to dry overnight.  The next morning, as I started to fill the jar with them, I noticed a couple of maggots on the towel.  They came from the acorns!!  Luckily, my big, strong hubby was there, so he dumped them all outside!  Gross!  I had no idea!  Needless to say, I've already found something new to put in my hurricane vase!

No comments: