Today was Sarah's first day of first grade!
Bryan was on call last night, but he called Sarah from the hospital this morning to wish her lots of luck on her first day! We cannot believe how big she's getting! And I'm not going to lie, when I pulled out of the school parking lot this morning after dropping her off, I teared up!
After school, I took her to Barnes and Noble to hear all about her day over a cookie and a glass of iced tea at the Starbucks! It was so nice being able to just listen to her. I also bought her a new Fancy Nancy book as a "first day gift"!
The highlights of her day: reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, learning about her teacher, her new friend Sara F., music class, the lunch I packed for her, (which included one of my world famous heart-shaped sandwiches!), and taking a tour of the school.
The worst part of her day: playing on the "little" playground for recess, instead of the "big" playground! (Man, it's tough being a first grader!)
For homework, Sarah had to pick 5 items to put into this lunch bag that will tell the class all about her tomorrow. She chose her favorite book, Hug, a little gold spoon that she and I use when we're drinking hot tea, a bouncy ball that she loves to play with, a seashell from one of our family trips to the beach, and a pink marker--because she loves to draw and she loves the color pink! I was very proud of how much thought she put into her first assignment!
I still can't get over the fact that Sarah Beara is in the first grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment