Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's

Bryan and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day ourselves, but we do love doing special things for the kiddos on this day!
This year, we sent our family Valentine's cards of the kids! What could be better?! I've heard from several of them, and they loved receiving the little pictures.
This is the one we almost sent of Jackson.
It was hard to take a picture of a picture--as you can tell by how poopy it turned out!--but this is Sarah's. We also gave this one to her teachers, and they loved it!
This morning, I made Sarah a special breakfast which included homemade hot chocolate with heart-shaped strawberry marshmallows.
I also made her an egg-in-the-hole using a heart cookie cutter.
She loved her breakfast and kept thanking me for it.
This picture is of her still in her jammies and with unbrushed hair--I love it!
This is the wee ones last year on Valentine's Day.
And this is this year!
I found these little mailboxes in the Target dollar section and we filled them with goodies. Sarah received a necklace and candy. Jackson got a book and finger puppets. They also both got M&M's, (their favorite)
and these little boxes of chocolates.
Sarah loves getting these each year, and I'm sure after Jack eats one piece of his, he will love it too!
Daddy has to work late tonight, so Sarah left her homemade Valentine card and the candy she picked out for him on his nightstand. She is so sweet.
While Jackson was napping this morning, I made a batch of rice krispie treats, then used a heart cookie cutter to cut some out and dip in chocolate. They are so good in chocolate!! I also added a little stick because everything is cuter on a stick!
Sarah loved eating it for dessert!

No comments: