Today was the kids' last day of school!
This was our baby on her first day of 9th grade...or should I say high school?!
And this is our baby on her last day of 9th grade!
Sarah loved high school! Although stressful and long and hard, she fell in love with marching band, just like we knew she would! She also loved journalism, and just like everything she does, she excelled at it! We loved reading the articles she wrote for the school newspaper, and we can't wait to continue to watch her shine in that arena! She's number 2 in her class, and she's so stinkin' smart and driven, we have not doubt she'll remain there!
This is our baby on his first day of 2nd grade!
And this is our teenager on his last day of 2nd grade!
I just can't believe how much he's changed!
He did so great in 2nd grade! He got all "A's" and one "B" on his report card, and the "B" was an 88. He loves to read, and he's reading 105 words per minute! He also loves math, and he's so good at it! At the end of 2nd grade, you can apply to be on Safety Patrol in 3rd grade. Along with the application you have to fill out, the teachers who know you have to vote on whether or not you would be a good candidate for this program. Jackson was selected for it, and we are just so proud of him!
I always love taking these pictures on the first and last day of the year.
One, because I love pictures. And, two, because it's crazy to see how much they've grown and changed.
We are so proud of our babies!
We know they're going to continue to let their lights shine in 10th grade and 3rd grade...
...but until then, I'm going to eat them up all summer long!
When they got out of school today, I took them out for a treat, a tradition we started when Sarah was in 1st grade. That seems like just yesterday. But today, on the last day of her first year of high school, I'm reminded of how quickly time moves and how grateful I am for these little traditions.
No comments:
Post a Comment