Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jackson and Mommy's Week

As much as we missed Daddy and Sarah while they were at camp, Jackson and I were really looking forward to a few days of just the two of us!
 
After dropping them off at camp, J and I went to one of our favorite coffee shops to have dessert...before dinner!  We got ice cream and a Nutella pretzel pie to share!

Then, we went to Sonic--one of Jackson's favorite fast food restaurants!--to get dinner.  I let him sit in the front seat and eat--that always makes him feel so special!

Our next stop was Lowe's!

On Tuesday, we started the day at one of our favorite restaurants, and Jackson ordered chicken and waffles--just like Daddy always orders!

After breakfast, we went to Target so he could pick out a toy with some of his tooth fairy and Easter bunny money!  He chose a new Lego Star Wars action figure, and we put it together as soon as we got home!  We love building :Legos together!
 
That evening, we went to church for a couple of hours, and then out for a late night ice cream date!  Jackson loved being up late, and he really loved getting ice cream so late!
 

On Wednesday morning, we went to the library and got a big stack of books!

Then, we went to Starbucks with our huge stack of books, got breakfast, and read each one!
 
I read some of the books, and Jackson read some of the books!  He's such a great reader!  And the books are even better in his cute little voice!

Then, we went back to Lowe's, and this time, we found a car cart for Jackson!  I love that he still loves riding in those! 

After Lowe's, we built a train track together!

We've been playing trains since he was little bitty, and every time we build one, it always takes me back!

That evening for dinner, we went to one of Jackson's favorite restaurants, Babe's!  He loves chicken fried steak!  He was so excited to eat there, and take a picture of it, because he knew Daddy would be so jealous! 

Then, we went to one of our favorite ice cream shops for dessert!


At about 1:00 AM Wednesday morning, Jackson knocked on my door after having a bad dream.  He asked if he could sleep with me, and since Daddy wasn't home, I let him hop right in!  He loved sleeping with me, and asked if he could bunk with me again until Daddy was back.  On Thursday night before bed, he said, "Goodnight, Mommy, I love you, and I'll miss you!"  These are the little things I pray I never forget!  He's just the cutest!

Thursday, we started our day at the park!

The swings are still his favorite, just like they were when he was a baby!



I mean!




After the park, we went to the movies!

When we got home, we baked brownies for Daddy and Sarah!

He's the best helper in the kitchen!

For dinner that night, we went to get cheeseburgers--his favorite!

And then, we got ice cream again!  We just couldn't help ourselves!
 
After getting in our jammies Thursday night, we snuggled under a blankie and watched a movie together!  It was the perfect ending to a super sweet week!

No comments: