For some time now, I've wanted to make Jackson a superhero cape, and a couple of weeks ago, I finally did! I used this tutorial, and it was really easy!
When Sarah saw me working on Jack's, she asked if I could make her one too! Of course! The red shirt I used for Jackson's cape came from Bryan's side of the closet. It was just a plain t-shirt that he had never worn, so he said I could make it into a cape! For Sarah's, I bought a huge mens' shirt in purple--her favorite color! The only other thing I had to buy was felt to sew their initials on. So, the whole project cost about $6.00!
Jackson kept calling himself "Super Jackson" and he would fly around the whole house! When I first put it on him, I told him it was a cape like Superman wears. He has no idea who Superman is, other than the matching Superman shirts that he and Daddy wear! He came up with the Super Jackson all by himself, and it cracked us up!!
I love this!!
I made a matching clip for Sarah using the leftover felt. She loved it!
Look at him copying her!
Superheros still have to take a break to drink water...
...color...
...get help from Daddy...
...and love their Mommy!
Super Jackson to the rescue!
No comments:
Post a Comment