Monday, February 18, 2013

Jackson's First Haircut!

Today, we took Jackson to get his first professional haircut!  We have always trimmed his hair ourselves, but it's always so time consuming and messy.  (And last time we cut his hair, J may or may not have ended up with 3 bald spots!)  So, I talked Bryan into letting me make an appointment at a kids' salon that I've taken Sarah to a couple of times.  I also talked Bryan into going with me!  I was so worried about how Jackson would behave during his first cut, so I wanted all the help I could get!!
 
I took this picture of Jack's hair yesterday afternoon.

Just as I feared, Jackson did not like getting his haircut! 
They have cartoons playing at each station and cars for the kids to sit in, but he still flipped out!  When we first arrived, Jackson ran up to the pink car and wanted to get in it.  Daddy was not happy about that!  They said that all of the boys want to get in the pink car because it's the biggest.  Bryan said J liked it because it was a Mustang!  We easily talked Jack into riding in the manly red Jeep!

I packed my purse with all sorts of goodies to keep Jackson happy--M&M's, lollipops, his favorite snacks, and an Elmo book from the library where Elmo's getting his haircut.  It was to no avail-- Jackson still screamed and cried and tried to get down the whole time!

I did hold his hand, (and keep him from escaping!), but I just had to snap a few pictures of his first professional haircut!  I have pictures of Sarah crying during her first haircut too! 
The lighting was so bad at the salon, but these pictures are keepers!

He stopped crying as soon as he got down from the car!
 
His hair looks so much better!


After the whole fiasco, we took the kids to get an early lunch and ice cream!

No comments: