Each week at dance class, the girls are supposed to walk across the balance beam, and each week Sarah gets on it, then gets nervous. Because she's scared of heights, (and apparently doesn't believe that her teacher won't let her fall!), Sarah never goes all the way across it. So after dance class this week as we were all at the table eating dinner, Bryan told her a story from his childhood that he thought would help her. He said, "When I was in Boy Scouts, I had to cross a 20 foot bridge that was only 6 inches wide and 15 feet in the air all while carrying a 50 pound backpack. I was a little scared at first, but I did it. So don't be scared about the balance beam next week at dance class, because you can do it!" Sarah said, "Whoa! I never want to be in Boy Scouts!" I don't think that was the moral of the story....
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment