Last night, I was going to make meatloaf, carrots, and roasted new potatoes for dinner. Yet when I got home, Papa Bear had something else in mind.... Since he was craving our favorite Mexican restaurant, that's where we headed. The three of us normally share dessert there, but I told Sarah before we left for dinner that we would have cookies and hot chocolate when we got back home. After homework and bath time, however, I completely forgot about dessert. Then 10 minutes before bedtime, Sarah asked me when we were going to have cookies. *Bad mommy!* I told her that we would have cookies and hot chocolate as an after school snack today and served her some of the leftover pumpkin cake that she and I made for Thanksgiving. After I put her to bed, I still felt really bad about completely forgetting her dessert! So this morning while Sarah and Bryan were still sleeping, I popped a tray of chocolate chip cookies into the oven. Once I woke Sarah up, I presented her with a plate of two warm cookies and a glass of milk for breakfast.
*Good mommy or bad mommy?!
* In my defense, I did let her know that she could have cereal or oatmeal after the cookies if she was still hungry!
*A couple of months ago, one of my co-workers was selling Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for his daughter's school fundraiser. Normally Sarah and I make homemade cookies, (since I personally believe those are the very best kind!), but since I had these, they conveniently helped me out at 5:45 this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment