Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Supper Club, Christmas Sweaters, and Hunting

Last Friday, Bryan and I hosted our monthly Supper Club dinner.  Our group consists of 4 couples whom we love dearly!  We've been getting together each month since last September, and it's just the best!


Since this was the Christmas Supper Club, I decided to make it fancy! I made each person a little wreath and wrote them a note--even Bryan!

We also had a hot chocolate bar...obviously.

And a dessert bar.  I also had containers for each couple to take the goodies home!
For the actual dinner, Bryan cooked filet mignon (to perfection!), and we served that with two kinds of sauce, bacon-wrapped green beans, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese.  I didn't get a picture of that goodness though!


I love these girls more than I can say!

They are literally my favorite people--outside of Bryan, Sarah, and Jackson!

Each Christmas Supper Club, we do ugly sweaters!  We all wore the same ones we wore last year.  Bryan and I got this one this year, and I loved it so much!!!  He didn't think we could cook in it, so we only for it for about 30 seconds, but they were 30 glorious seconds!  (And we actually took our picture before the dinner even started!)

Jackson was so excited to get the same sweater as Daddy, that he put it on as soon as our guests started arriving, and I had to snap their picture!  So cute!

After dinner, all the guys left to go on their first--of many to come!--hunting trip!  One of them, (the short one next to Bryan), owns land a couple of hours away, so they headed up there for the rest of the weekend and had the best time!

Saturday night, Bryan texted me this picture!  He shot his first doe...actually, it's his first anything!  This was his first hunting trip ever!  I was so proud of him!  Sarah Bear, not so much!  In a few days though, we'll have some deer meat, and then we'll see what she says.  Actually, I know her, and it will still be the same!  Ha!

No comments: