Saturday, March 10, 2018

Jackson as Zachary Taylor

Jackson's class recently put on a Wax Museum in which they had to portray a famous American.  Jackson chose to be Zachary Taylor, our 12th president.

Jackson researched Zachary Taylor, prepared and memorized a 4 sentence speech about the highlights of his life, then gave that speech in front of the class while dressed like him.

He said he couldn't smile in the pictures, because Zachary Taylor never smiled.

Zachary Taylor was a Major General in the Army, so he had a sword.  Jackson loved that part!

Jackson worked really hard on this project, and we are so proud of him!

When he told us he was going to be Zachary Taylor, we asked why he didn't pick his favorite president, Abraham Lincoln.  He said, "I already know everything about Abraham Lincoln.  I wanted to learn about someone else."  Speaking of Abraham Lincoln, his log cabin has been hanging on our fridge for about two years now, and I told J it was unfortunately time to take it down.  And since it has food, we can't save it forever, so he asked if I would take a picture of it, and I was happy to oblige!

No comments: