Last week, Jackson said that he wished he would get mail. So, on Friday, I mailed him a little card. Today, the nurse called, and told us that he fell off the monkey bars at recess and hurt his arm. She said that it didn't seem broken, but he was pretty upset, and when she put J on the phone, and he was crying, I told him we were on our way. When we got home and Dr. Daddy inspected it, (who just happened to have today off), he determined that it wasn't broken, and we gave him some ibuprofen. Jackson's arm started feeling better, but this evening as bedtime drew closer and the medicine started wearing off, it started hurting pretty badly again. We even took him out for "feel better" ice cream, and he hardly ate any of it. Totally not like him. After we gave him more medicine, and he took a shower, and we tucked him in bed with a bag of ice for his swollen arm, I brought up a little envelope. He saw his name and address on the front, and his eyes lit up! He asked who it was from. I told him I didn't know. I opened the envelope, and he read the front of the card out loud. Then, I opened the card, and he immediately saw that it was signed from me, and he said, "I knew it was from you!" Our eyes both welled up as he read the inside where I included lyrics from our song and let him know that I love him so. He had a rough day, but I think this little card arrived exactly when it was supposed to and helped him just a bit.
*He fell off the monkey bars because he was hanging on them upside down to impress the "grills."
Now, I'm off to pray for his arm 20 times...per his request.
Now, I'm off to pray for his arm 20 times...per his request.
No comments:
Post a Comment