Monday, June 6, 2016

Church Camp for Sarah and Daddy

Sarah has church camp this week, and she's been so excited about it!  Last year, church camp was hosted by another church in the area, and they stayed at a fancy hotel close by.  This year, it's just our church, and it's at a local campsite.  We're talking cabins with rows and rows of bunk beds and loading up on bug spray camping!  I think she's going to have a blast!
 
Before leaving for 5 days and eating nothing but camp food, I thought I'd take her to get her favorite breakfast--Starbucks and Chick-fil-a!

This morning, Jackson asked me how to spell "have," and when I went into the office to help him, he was writing a letter to Sarah.  We'd already written her cards--one to open each day of camp--so I thought it was precious that he wanted to write to her again!  I told him he was such a sweetheart, and while still writing, he replied, "Yep, you're right!"

This was his little letter.  My favorite part is the first sentence that he wrote all by himself:  "I go to mess you."  I've never read a sweeter "I'm going to miss you"!

Daddy was going to camp with her this year as one of the volunteers!  He's only going to be there through Wednesday, but while he's there, he's in charge of 15 middle school boys!  He's sleeping in the same cabin with them, leading them in Biblical discussions, and doing all of the outdoor activities with them!  He was a little nervous about it, but I know he's going to do great!  Since we always bake Sarah brownies and write her a little card for each day that she's away at camp, Jackson and I thought it would be fun to send Daddy with his own brownies and cards!

I know they're both going to have so much fun!  And I can't wait to hear all that God does while they're at camp!

Little Buddy wanted to get in on the action too!  So he grabbed a suitcase that was just his size and pretended he was going to camp with Sissy and Daddy!

Too cute!

No comments: