Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aggie Bowl Game

Last night we were ready for the Aggie bowl game!

The helmet may be a little too big for Jack!

Gig 'em, Aggies!



After we put his Aggie jersey on, Jack asked for the "bandaids" on his cheeks!  I don't think he's worn them since last football season, so I couldn't believe he remembered them!


 
I made snack food for us to eat, and we ate on these cute plates that Bryan's Nana got me for Christmas!

Since the game started at 7:30--and Jack's bedtime is before then--we actually ate prior to the game.
 
I made sausage balls (which I hate making, but they're Bryan's favorite, and he's cute!) and mini sandwiches.

I also made brownies.

Bryan did the cheese tray!


We had an Aggie themed birthday party for Jackson over the summer and he remembered the football picks that were in the brownies and thought it was his birthday!  He even started singing "Happy Birthday" to himself, then blew out the football picks!

 He was so excited!

After we ate, Jackson and Daddy played in the den.

 I just adore pictures of them together!
 


This makes my heart smile!
 
Sarah stayed up and watched the whole game with us.  Bryan got so excited in the last few minutes of the game--when the "pick 6" happened--that he hurt his shoulder!  I'm just happy we won!!  After the game, we watched the ball drop in New York with Sarah Bear, then we tucked her in.  Bryan and I watched a little more of Sports Center (his favorite) then went to bed.  I think it was the first time in years we've stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve--and that was only because the Aggie game started so late!

No comments: