Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School!

Today was Jackson's first day of school!  He's going to a Mother's Day Out preschool program at our church twice a week.  I am very blessed to be a stay-at-home Mommy, and I've taught him a lot of things over the past three years, but Bryan and I think that having other little play mates will be great for J! 
 
I wanted to take a picture of Jack in front of the door just like I've always done with Sarah, but after several failed attempts, he wanted to sit down!  Look at how cute he is!  I love this picture...and I may or may not have bribed him with M&M's to get him to stay still and smile--he was excited to get to school to see his teachers!
 
This  picture I quickly snapped on my iphone--it's a blurry cheese face!
 
He's being shy in this picture, but I think it's so sweet.
 
 
 Can't stand the cuteness!
 
Jackson has been really excited to go to school and use his backpack and matching "wunch" box!  I've been asking him for the past couple of weeks what he wanted for lunch.  He always requested a cheeseburger, french fries, and ketchup!  I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, wheat thins, grapes, and applesauce! 
 
When Jack and I got to church, he was so cute wearing his backpack and carrying his lunch box!  He actually tried to go into the classroom right before his room because that's his class on Sunday mornings.  When I tried to tell him that wasn't his room today, I thought he was going to have a fit.  Luckily, he walked with me to his new classroom.  As we were holding hands, he asked me, "Mommy wanna go class?!"  Bless his heart!  I told him I had to go bye-bye.  He saw his teachers, Ms. Dana and Ms. Leah--who he's been talking about non-stop since "meet the teacher" last week--and was fine!  I put his backpack and lunch box away (which I was surprised he let go of!), and walked out of the classroom.  I watched from the hallway for a couple of minutes and smiled with my whole heart as I saw him happily playing with his new friends.  On my way home, all by myself, I teared up and prayed that he would have a great day, be nice, and obey his teachers.
 
Once Daddy got home, we continued our tradition of getting a treat on the first day of school with Jackson!  He loved his ice cream with sprinkles!

No comments: