Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Date Night

Last night, we took the kids on dates.  It was so fun and such a wonderful treat for all of us during the middle of the week!
 
For the boys "adventure"--Bryan doesn't like calling their outings "dates," Bryan took Jackson to get dinner at Schlotzsky's, then a smoothie at Jamba Juice, and then to ride in the car shopping cart at Lowe's.  Although he's not smiling that big in this picture, right before I took it, Jackson was running and jumping yelling "Daddy big truck!"  He was really excited to go out with Daddy and pumped about being able to ride in Daddy's truck!

I asked Bryan to take pictures while they were out, and he did!  How cute are my boys?!  Bryan said J was really good!  He said the only time he started fussing was when they were going to leave Lowe's, and Jackson didn't want to get out of the race car cart.  Bryan told J that they were going to go see Mommy, and he said, "OK!" That boy melts my heart even when I'm not with him!

Sarah and I went to Girls' Night Out at Chick-fil-a!  When we were there last week for the kids' ice cream treat, we saw a sign about it and both got really excited.  Since Bryan never knows when he'll get off work, I made a reservation for the 7:30 time slot just to be safe.  (Yes, you had to make reservations--it was very fancy!)  By 7:30 on a normal night, we've already tucked Jack in bed, and we're about to tuck Sarah in before snuggling on the couch together, but every once in awhile, you have to make exceptions!!

They had this on the table, along with a purple tablecloth and a bouquet of flowers.  It was right up our alley!

We were given flowers when we sat down and a waitress personally took our order and brought us our food.  Like I said, it was very fancy!

We got our picture taken with the Chick-fil-a cow!  The had props you could use, so we chose feather boas!  Sarah's wearing one too, I promise!  This is a picture on my phone from the picture they actually gave us--the real one is much better quality!
 
Then, they brought us free ice cream that we were able to top with different goodies.  Sarah chose Oreos and M&M's, and I had Oreos.

Our sweet waitress took our picture!  Chick-fil-a is hands down my favorite fast food restaurant anyway, and then to be able to go there for a fancy date with my little princess made it even better!

No comments: