Saturday, April 9, 2011

Slumber Party...kind of

Yesterday afternoon Sarah's best friend, Sally, came over to spend the night! This was going to be Sarah's first sleepover, and she was beyond excited!
First, we ordered pizza for dinner!
The girls whispered to each other throughout the whole meal--it was so cute!
Then, Papa Bear helped them make ice cream sundaes for dessert!
Thanks, Dad!
This is what the sundaes looked like up close. Check out all of the sprinkles!!
Next, the girls put on their jammies and got cozy to watch a movie.
Then, they decided they wanted us to make a fort for them to sleep in!
Bryan and I then went downstairs to feed Jackson and put him to bed. Shortly after tucking our little man in, Sarah came down to tell us that she came out of the bathroom to find Sally crying. I went to talk to her, and she said she really wanted to go home. I felt so bad. I told her that I would read them a story--the fabulous Pinkalicious--and tuck them in. Sally said that would make her feel better. So, after the story and wishing them both goodnight, I turned off the light. Sally then started crying really hard. I turned the light back on, and Sally said again that she wanted to go home. The girls and I went downstairs, and we called her parents. Bryan and I felt horrible because not only had the girls been looking forward to spending the night together, but Sally's parents were on a date to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. (Sally's mom is a doctor too, so like us, they never get to go on dates!) Her parents showed up around 9:30 to take her home. Sarah was crushed, but said that she had so much fun while Sally was here. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

No comments: